Allistair McCaw is world class fitness coach, sports performance specialist, contributor of the book „Tennis Mental Game Secrets”, in year 2013 he run 12 marathons in 12 months in different cities of the world, speaker on prestigious Australian Tennis Coaches Conference right before the Aussie Open, created exceptional formula of training called McCaw Method, for more take a look on his fanpage: facebook/McCawMethod
Words of wisdom:
1. Don’t limit your challenges, Challenge your limits.
2. The best thing about the past is that it shows you what not to bring into your future.
3. One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation.
4. Athletes who succeed are the ones who listen and absorb what their coaches teach. They yearn to learn.
5. Never drop your standards because it offends someone, In fact keep raising them. Don’t let anything or anyone hold you back from reaching your goals.
6. To be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, & expect to win.
7. We can’t always control what happens to us in life, but we can control our attitude towards it.
8. Progress is made by taking steps, sometimes big, sometimes small. The key is to keep taking them!
9. Discipline is not punishment. Discipline is doing what needs to be done, at the right time, to the best of your ability.
10. If it challenges you, if it scares you, if it pushes you out of your comfort zone… Do it.
11. Discipline is just choosing between what you want most over what you want now.
12. One bad moment doesn’t make a ‘bad’ day! Just get over it and get on with it!
13. A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.
14. You are today where your thoughts have brought you. You will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you. Think about where you want to be.
15. If you spend time with successful people you’ll be more successful, their traits will rub off on you. The opposite is true as well.
16. You win because you’re confident, you’re confident because you win. In other words – Success motivates.
17. A successful athlete doesn’t spend their time comparing themselves or current level to their greatest ever performance
18. Making big changes in your life can be scary. But do you know what’s even scarier? Regret.
19. Looking for the secret to success as an athlete? Stop looking, there are no secrets.
Put in the work.
Be on time.
Show up every day fully committed.
Give your best.
Have a plan.
Take care of your nutrition.
Learn from each practice & match.
Get your nap in the middle of the day.
Learn from failures.
These will give you a chance for success.
20. “What is defeat? Nothing but an opportunity to get better.